Thursday, July 15, 2010

Photo Calendar from the Children of Salem



I am very happy to say that the children of Salem's photos have been made into a calendar! It's a 12 month calendar for 2011 and Jonas just emailed me about it yesterday. Here are some of the details from the email he sent:
Dear Amy,

The reason to write you is, that we have designed the SALEM Ecuador children's photo calender with photos taken mostly by our children. Attached, I send you pdf with the preview and I hope you like it. The calender will have the size of app. 29 by 40 cm (11.5 by 15.5'').

I definitely send you some as soon as they are printed. Furthermore I am wondering if there is a possibility to sell some of the calenders within your circle of friends. All the sales revenue of the calendar goes to SALEM Ecuador. We will sell it in Germany for 12 € (15 $) plus packing an shipping. That means we have about 6 € revenue per calendar.

If so, what do you think how many calendars you would be able to sell?

Many thanks for your help. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Jonas
Jonas Lange
Projekt Koordinator | Project Coordinator

Jonas has been in Ecuador for about a year running Salem, he is from Germany and has much compassion for the children. It was a pleasure working with him while I was there.

Calendars will be on sale September 8th, email me if you would like one.

The cameras I brought to Mindo in January 2010 are still going strong, with Alvaro overseeing the organization and loaning of them. I will be returning there in December and am hoping to bring more donated cameras to the children. This time I would prefer cameras with a dedicated rechargable battery, and charger, the recharging of double A batteries was very cumbersome last time, some didn't hold their charge and we didn't have enough plugs or battery chargers to keep them all charged all the time. So that's what I'd prefer, but if you have a good working digital camera with double or triple A batteries I will take that as well.

Thanks for considering a donation of your photographic equipment.
------00000000000-----
Do you have an unused digital camera? As the organizer of the Plymouth Digital Photographers club, I am looking for donations of used digital cameras for the Cameras for Kids in Ecuador project. Working with the non profit German group, Salem, http://www.saleminternational.org/english/en_worldwide/en_ecuador.htm
I will be teaching children with very few resourses how to use photography as an artistic expression while developing skills and making them feel valued.

Please drop off or mail any working digital cameras to the
Yankee Book & Art Gallery,
10 North St., Plymouth, MA 02360 before December 1st. I will be volunteering in Mindo, Ecuador in December/January 2011.

Any digital camera with more than 4 megapixels in working order is appreciated. Memory card, cord, battery charger and instruction manual would be great extras if you have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free counter and web stats